FAQ FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL:
1. What causes excessive hair growth?
- Excessive temporary hair removal methods that impact the root like waxing and tweezing
- Reactions to certain medications
- Thyroid or hormone problems
2. What are the hair growth cycles?
- Anagen (active) is the growing phase or when the hair fiber is produced.
- Catagen (club hair) is the period of controlled regression of the hair follicle. This phase is when the lower part of the hair stops growing but does not shed and the follicle is reabsorbed.
- Telogen (tired) is the last hair growth cycle. In this resting phase the old hair falls out in preparation for the development of a new anagen hair.
Laser hair removal is most effective at the Anagen stage, hense why the treatments are 4-6 weeks apart.
3. What should I expect before and after a laser treatment?
Clients are advised not to wax, tweeze or use any other methods of hair removal for at least 4 weeks prior to hair removal by a laser system. They should also refrain from waxing or using any depilatory lotions. The laser works best at the Anagen stage. Waiting 4-6 weeks for the hair growth cycle to complete allows the laser to target the pigmented hair successfully.
The area being treated should be shaved 24-48 hours before the treatment. Treatments are often quick. I will conduct a patch test on every client analyze each area being treated and educate the client of treatments needed.
Post Laser treatments – Clients are asked not to go into direct sunlight without applying SPF 30 or more. Clients are also advised not to shave the treated area for a few days after treatment. After 4 days or so, your can resume shaving but don’t wax, tweeze or use any creams or lotions to remove hair.
Cleaning the treated area – After a few days use a gentle cleanser and avoid strong soaps that will cause the skin to become dry.
4. How much does laser hair removal/Hydra Facial cost?
Laser hair removal is priced based on the size of the area being treated. This can range from $50-$500. Contact me with the area(s) you would like treated and we can provide an estimate based on your skin care needs.
Hydra Facial is a procedure that can be done on the face/neck/back. Once again the prices are based on the area treated, facials with the hydra facial can start as low as $80. Promotions and deals are also offered.
5. Is laser hair removal permanent?
Lasers are used to damage the hair follicle. No matter what anyone tells you, laser hair removal is not permanent. It is a permanent solution to reduce the amount of hair in a specific area. The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) definition is: A permanent hair reduction that is stable over the long term in reducing the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regime. This means that laser treatments with these machines will permanently reduce the total number of body hairs but will not result in permanent hair loss.
6. How does laser hair removal work?
Lasers are designed for permanent hair reduction. They emit wavelengths of light that are attracted to pigmented hair (melanin). Since lasers target pigment, treatments are most effective on coarse hair because it has alot pigment and can absorb a lot of heat. The process works on fine hair but the hair won’t absorb as much heat as coarse hair can.
7. Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal treatment?
Both men and women have gotten into laser treatments. With the technology I have with my system, my machines are virtually pain free. Clients are now confident treating sensitive ares that weren’t previously possible under older systems. Please let me know if you are pregnant, taking Accutane or other strong Acne medications. Treatments cannot be done under those circumstances until the cycles have finished or after a pregnancy. Book a FREE consultation with me and let’s discuss options that will best suit your needs.
8. If laser hair removal isn’t permanent why would I use this method?
There are many methods to remove unwanted hair including: waxing, threading, tweezing and depilatory lotions. Laser hair removal is the only way to permanently reduce unwanted hair from any part of your body. A larger area can be done in one session making the procedure faster and more cost-effective.
9. Can lasers remove hair of any colour?
Laser hair removal targets pigmented hair. Therefore, the laser will not target white or blonde hair.
10. What can I expect on my 1st appointment?
Please arrive 10 minutes before your treatment to allow time to fill out the necessary forms. These documents are confidential and required for the general health of your skin and to inform us of any health issues or concerns you may have. Payment is accepted in Cash,Visa, Master Card, and Interac.